Defined Benefit scheme trustees have a lot of responsibility to bear
Trustees have a tough job. Defined Benefit pension schemes are complex and trustees have a lot of responsibilities on their hands:
- Making sure scheme members get the benefits they’re promised, when they’re promised, and that members understand their options
- Investing funds to get good returns without too much risk
- Agreeing funding plans to get enough money into the scheme without putting the sponsoring employer or its future plans at risk
- Complying with fast-changing legislation, and being able to demonstrate compliance to The Pension Regulator at any time
- Balancing day-to-day work with pension responsibilities.
How First Actuarial can help trustees of Defined Benefit schemes
We give trustees peace of mind. We offer the full range of services so that trustees can be confident that they’re running a cost-efficient Defined Benefit scheme and looking after their members.
We deliver the right information to scheme members at the right time, in language that they can understand.
97% of respondents in our latest client survey were satisfied or very satisfied with our administration consultants.
We give trustees high quality information whenever they need it, and access to experienced actuaries who take personal pride in explaining the options available in a clear manner.
100% of respondents in our latest client survey were satisfied or very satisfied with our actuarial consultants.
We deliver practical and cost-effective solutions to help our clients achieve an appropriate level of return, while running the right amount of risk.
83% of respondents in our latest client survey were satisfied or very satisfied with our investment consultants.
Scheme secretarial service
We lift away the strain of Defined Benefit scheme governance by safeguarding compliance with all statutory requirements, and scheduling, running and minuting all trustee meetings.
100% of respondents in our latest client survey were satisfied or very satisfied with our scheme secretaries.
The First Actuarial team make the trustees’ lives a lot easier. We trust them to do what they promise and to be on top of all the issues. They ensure the trustees fully understand relevant matters and they speak our language. They are personable, easy to deal with and good value for money. Our scheme is in good hands actuarially and administratively.
– Emma Moscrop, Macmillan Cancer Support Pension Scheme
Find out more about our Defined Benefit services
Download our Defined Benefit brochure