We can cover simple topics, including:
- How the LGPS and SHPS schemes operate
- How benefits build up in Defined Benefit pension schemes
- How defined contribution pension schemes work
- How the reform of the state pension will affect your employees
- How Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) work.
We can also run advanced seminars on topics such as:
- Saving enough to stop work – our flagship programme explains to members the total benefits they are building up, how to judge whether this is enough and what to do if they need more
- Managing debt effectively
- Saving efficiently
- Retirement seminars or one-to-one sessions – covering issues such as the state pension and benefits, your options at retirement, tax on pensions and the opportunities and pitfalls of pension freedoms.
We deliver our communication programmes in ways that suit you and your employees best, including:
- Group presentations – face-to-face or online
- Individual one-to-one sessions
- Q&A and FAQ documents
- Online or mobile tools that can show the cost of contributing to a scheme, estimate the benefit at retirement age or demonstrate the impact of pension changes.
In our experience, financial wellbeing has a positive impact on housing associations, improving staff relations as employees appreciate their benefits more.